Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Arsenal

There it is. What I use out in the field. From my newest tool the new Ottotest to my oldest my old reliable Fluke 88 complete with "ghosting" characters. Each tool has its own specific uses. In addition to all this hi tech tooling, I cart around a fair share of jumper wires, homemade harnesses, test leads, fuel pressure gauges, and common hand tools. In addition, I have access to some factory scantools when I need to. You never know what you are going to need so I pack everything all the time. I use Alldata for an information system along with OE websites. My laptop is loaded with a VE (Volumetric Efficiency) calculator program that I use all the time. In addition I use AES Wave and Annowave to save and annotate downloads from my tools. This proves extremely useful to show "before and afters" to my customers. I am always looking to add tooling. Right now, I am looking to add a 4 channel pc based labscope to the stable. I also use powerpoint presentations when I visit new shops to illustrate what I can do for them. There are always new tools coming out all the time, I would love to have them all. So if anybody wants to donate a Ford IDS or a Nissan Consult to JWR Automotive Diagnostics feel free to do so.